YouTube : Music Trends in India

 Trending Categories in Music In Last 90 Days

12 February 2016 – This week we look at the music vertical in India and identify the top trends in the last 90 days. Indians have a diversified taste when it comes to music. The love for International music can be seen in the trends too.

326 songs  trended in last 90 days, out of this 60% were international songs and the remaining 40% were National/Regional.

Insights:

International music videos generated 1.3 Billion views while regional music videos generated 65 Millions views.

mb1

 

What Trended In International Vertical : Top 10 Music Videos

mb2

 

National / Regional vertical

The break down of the trending categories is as follows

mb3

mb4

  • Bollywood is the top category for trending videos with 26 videos in 90 days.
  • Closely followed by Punjabi Songs with 25 videos.

Category – Bollywood

Song from the movie Loveshhuda trended for 28 days and generated 505K views in that time. Net growth of this songs views was 83%. Apart from the songs of fresh releases , old songs like Ladki badi anjani hai , Tu Jahaan Jahaan Chalega by Lata Mangeshkar also made entry in the list of trends for 10 days

mb5

mb6

 

Category – Punjabi

Sheesha Down by Sukh-E Musical Doctorz created buzz for 20 days and gathered 1,392,430  views.

mb7

mb8

Category – Tamil

Most popular song in this category was Domer- u Lord- u it trended for 21 days and generated 454,148 views on contrary Vedalam – Aaluma Doluma was popular for 3 days but gathered 1,820,273 views in short span of time.

mb9

 

Category – Telugu

‘Follow Follow’ was the most popular for 25 days it gathered 759,713 views. Where as ‘Sivuni Aana’ from the movie Bahubali trended for 4 days and gathered 1,467,880 views.

mb10

 

Category – Devotional

Best of Anuradha Paudwal Chhath Geet  trended for 17 days and gathered 43,368 views.  Mere Maula trended for 5 days and generated 161 K views.

12img

 

Top Music Creators

 

mb12

 

Recent Posts