Aleph respects the privacy of it’s users and is committed to protect it in all respects. Access to and use of this Website (“culturemachines(dot)com) is provided by Aleph and is subject to the following terms and Conditions:
1. By using the site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of culturemachines(dot)com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use.
2. You must be at least eighteen years old to access this Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a member of the Website. As a minor if you wish to access the Website then you shall do so in the presence of your legal guardian or parents can register as users of the Website.
3. Aleph has taken great pains to ensure accuracy of information that is contained in this Website and it reserves the rights to make changes in the information, programs, policies, products and services described in the Website at any time without prior notice. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
5. Aleph forbids you from any attempts to resell or put to commercial use any part of the Website; any derivative use of the Website or its contents; any downloading; any renting, leasing, or otherwise transferring rights to the Website / Service; displaying the name, logo, trademark in such a manner as to give the viewer the impression that such other person is a publisher or distributor of the Service on the Website, or any data gathering or extraction tools; or any use of meta tags. You may not (whether directly or through the use of any software program) create a database in electronic or structured manual form by regularly or systematically downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this Website.
6. You hereby agree and assure Aleph that the Website/Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Central, State or local government or any other international laws. You further concur that you will not, through Website/Service post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus trojan horses, time bombs, bots, botnets, malicious content, content theft, data manipulation, threats or any other harmful programs or elements or component; Delete from the website any legal notices, disclaimers, or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify; Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site/Service; Engage in any activity that causes / may harm minors; or Perform any activity which is likely to cause such harm; Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; Take any action which encourages or consists of any threat of harm of any kind to any person or property, Carry out any “denial of service” (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on application or internet service or; Make any inappropriate, illegal or otherwise prohibited communication to any interactive Facility, or other Internet Forum; Use the Site/Service for illegal purposes; Disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to make or attempt any unauthorized access to the Website . Transmit through the Website, any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature, which includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio, etc. Collect or attempt to collect personally identifiable information of any person or entity without their express written consent. Engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site. . Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” duplicative messages or any other form of solicitation. Encumber or suffer to exist any lien or security interest on the subject matter of this Agreement; or Make any representation or warranty on behalf of Aleph. You agree not to post, distribute, transmit or otherwise make available any data, text, message, computer file, or other material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation, including but not limited to: Infringement of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software; . Right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity. You shall not indulge in cyber stalking become or create a nuisance for any person.
7. If you would like to link to the Website, request written permission to create the link. Permission is required prior to creating any link to the Website. The granting or denial of permission is within the sole discretion of Aleph. Permission can be revoked at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever or incurring any liability of any nature whatsoever. Aleph does not allow the unauthorized use of its name, logos, trademarks, products, artwork, or other graphics to create links. Unless otherwise permitted, you will: (i) display the link on your website in the exact form received by you, and not modify or edit any of the foregoing without Aleph’s prior written consent; (ii) ensure that the fundamental meaning of the website is not changed or distorted; (iii) comply with all applicable laws and all limitations and restrictions (if any) placed by Aleph on the use, display or distribution of the website and (iv) not archive any of the links for access by users at any future date after the link has been removed from your Website. You acknowledge that the link must be redirected to the appropriate Aleph’s Web page when a user clicks on the link. You shall not display the link in such a manner that does not allow for successful linking and redirection to, and delivery of Aleph’s Web page, nor may you frame any Aleph’s Web page.
8. You will not use any communication tool or other means available on the Website to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications. Aleph will not sell, lease or rent its e-mail subscriber lists to third parties. You may not harvest information about users of Aleph for the purpose of sending or to facilitate the sending of unsolicited bulk communications. We may terminate your access or use of the Website immediately, with or without any notice, and take any other legal action if you, or anyone using your access details to the Website, violates these terms. We may adopt any technical remedy (including any filtering technology or other measures) to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing or remaining within our computer or communication networks. Such filtering technology or other measures may block, either temporarily or permanently, some e-mail sent to you through the Aleph’s Websites.
9. Aleph strives to protect its users from spam and abuse. Technical abuse and user abuse is not tolerated on culturemachines(dot)com , and will result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent suspension.
Serial Accounts: You may not create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Username Squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than 6 months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
a) the number of accounts created
b) creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names
c) creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts
d) using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties
Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
Spam: You may not use the Website for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
a) If your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
b) If you post misleading links;
c) The number of spam complaints that have been filed against you;
d) If you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
e) If you post multiple unrelated updates to a topic using #;
f) If you post multiple unrelated updates to a trending or popular topic;
g) If you send large numbers of duplicate @replies;
h) If you send large numbers of unsolicited @replies in an attempt to spam a service or link;
i) If you add a large number of unrelated users to lists in an attempt to spam a service or link;
Pornography: You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your profile picture or user background.
10. Aleph takes all reasonable steps to ensure a fast and reliable service, it does not warrant and guarantee that your use of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Under no circumstances will Aleph be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website regardless of the form of action.
11. As a condition of your use of the Website, you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Aleph’s server, or the network(s) connected to any Aleph server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other accounts, computer systems, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website.
12. Aleph does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
13. Aleph may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Web site. When Aleph does so, it may or may not mention the fact on the home page. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your automatic acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the Website.
14. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Aleph and you. Aleph advises that you print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions.
15. Aleph may assign or transfer any of its rights or sub contract any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with the specific permission in writing of Aleph.
16. Individual Registration, Access and exchange of Information:
For certain services registration might be required. By registering, you agree to the following terms in addition to any other specific terms which shall be posted at an appropriate location of the Site. Each registration is for a single individual user only. To access these services, you will be asked to enter your individual User Name and Password. Therefore, we do not permit any of the following:
a) Any other person sharing your User Name and Password
b) Any part of the Site being cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who have not registered with Aleph users of the website
c) Access through a single User Name and Password being made available to multiple users on a network. If we reasonably believe that a User Name and Password are being used in any of these ways, we reserve the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice, and block access to all users from that IP address.
d) All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly or privately transmitted/posted, is the sole responsibility of the person from where such content originated.
You shall be solely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit. Aleph does not control the content posted via chat and other community services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using such services, you may be exposed to objectionable matter. Under no circumstances will Aleph be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, uploaded on this site.
You may not send, submit, post, or otherwise transmit, messages or material that contain software virus, or any other files that are designed to interrupt, destroy, and negatively affect in any manner whatsoever, any electronic equipment in connection with the use of this site, or other user’s ability to engage in real time exchanges.
17. Intellectual Property:
Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, photographs, design right or copyright of Aleph, or any other third party without the prior express written permission.
18. Contributions to culturemachines(dot)com
Where you are invited to submit any contribution(s) to culturemachines(dot)com (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, personal information including contact particulars information etc.) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Aleph a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media, means and technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to Aleph the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
Further, by submitting your contributions you:
a) warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Aleph for all the purposes specified above;
b) is not defamatory; and
c) does not infringe any law; and
d) you indemnify Aleph and its officers/directors/employees in perpetuity against all legal fees, cost, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Aleph as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
e) waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on culturemachines(dot)com and the purposes specified above.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
19. Notice of Copyright Infringement
Aleph is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Website, or items advertised on the Website, by end users or any other third parties. Our policy is to comply with all Intellectual Property Laws and to act expeditiously upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. If you believe that your work has been reproduced on this Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice of copyright infringement containing all of the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint. (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. (c) Identification of the material on our website that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. (d) The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party. (e) A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law. (f) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
All notices of copyright infringement should be sent to: legal@culturemachine(dot)in with the email subject : Copyright Infringement.
Aleph shall not be liable, at any time for any, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business projects, damage to your computer system or damages for loss of profits, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the site/services, with the delay or inability to use the website or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the website arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the website, or any of its contents, or from any act or omissions a result of using the website or any such contents or for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the site. No representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever are made by Aleph as to the (a) accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, suitability or applicability of the information to a particular situation; (b) that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (c) the quality of any products, services, content, information, or other material purchased or obtained from the website will meet your expectations or requirements; or (d) any errors in the website will be corrected.
We reserve the right to remove any text/ messages/feedback we deem to be inappropriate, i.e, racist, sexist, offensive, abusive or threatening. Messages using inappropriate language will also be removed.
20. Force Majeure
Aleph shall have no liability to you for any interruption or delay in access to the Website irrespective of the cause.
21. Governing Law
All the terms herein shall be governed by the Laws of Singapore. The Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this agreement.